The Natural End(TM) Provider Network makes it easier for families seeking natural funeral options to find cemetery and funeral service providers who have pledged to offer them. Natural End basic listings on the site and on the Map are free to providers who sign the pledge.
Each Natural End(TM) provider agrees to abide by the Natural End Pledge's core principles in the categories that apply.
All Natural End Funeral Service providers agree to, at minimum:
- accommodate caskets purchased elsewhere by the family (required by US law)
- include natural funeral options on their GPL (price list)*
- promote biodegradable coffins and urns
- assist the family in locating a vault-free burial site when possible
(*Providers not required by law to have a GPL - i.e., celebrants, funeral guides, etc. - are exempt but we encourage everyone to be transparent with their offerings)
All Natural End Mortuary Service providers agree to, at minimum:
- offer natural funeral services, including public viewings, without embalming (unless prohibited by state-law - this will be noted on their listing)
- provide alternative low and non-toxic embalming options if requested
All Natural End Cemeteries agree to, at minimum:
- offer vault or liner-free burials
- begin the transition to sustainable cemetery management on the grounds they manage
All Family-Firected Funeral Guides and Assistants aggree to, at minimum:
- support the family in identifying and utilizing natural options as described for funereal service providers
- ensure the family's named "funeral director" is in charge of the process at all times
- be educated in State funeral law wherever it applies and be licensed as required by law
ALL NATURAL END SIGNERS agree to comply with FTC Green Guides recommendations for using the word "green" and other protected terms in advertising materials and other communications. CLICK HERE FOR THE GOOGLE SEARCH FOR FTC-GREEN GUIDES - THEIR LINKS KEEP CHANGING!
In addition, many Natural End Network associates will also:
- assist with interstate transport of unembalmed bodies to other facilities when needed
- work to operate an increasingly energy-efficient business facility
- practice toxic-use reduction in the facility (chemicals, embalming fluids, etc.)
- practice resource-use reduction on the grounds they manage
- work with other funeral service providers to support increased natural end-of-life options nationwide
- work with families to facilitate in-home services and wakes
The provider's agreement (the Natural End Pledge) is transparent to everyone, and there are no "hidden" standards. If a provider does more than the basics in the pledge, the provider can add an extended description to their listing and describe the "extras" they provide.
When you work with a Natural End Network provider you can be confident that you're working with a service or a business that's made a commitment to both you and the future, in writing.
Natural End basic listings on this website are FREE to any providers who meet the above criteria in their respective categories.
SUPPORTING NATURAL END
Funeral service providers and cemeteries who want to support the Natural End Network can purchase extended information pages. For more information on becoming a Natural End Network provider, contact us .
LOOK FOR THIS LOGO ON PARTICIPATING NATURAL END PROVIDERS' WEBPAGES:
This network is sponsored by supporters who wish to see natural funeral options readily available wherever people need them.
The Natural End Pledge is NOT a certification body. Pledge signers are never inspected. Sponsors of the Natural End map are not endorsing the actions of pledge signers, and pledge signers are not endorsing the products or services of sponsors. This is a service provided for informational purposes only. As with any other product or service purchase, customers should exercise their own due diligence and not rely solely on representations made here.